- 3kg dog meat -- see note
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 60 peppercorns -- crushed
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 12 cloves garlic -- crushed
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 6 cups onion -- sliced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 10 cups boiling water
- 6 cups red pepper -- cut into strips
- 6 pieces bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups liver spread -- see note
- 1 whole fresh pineapple -- cut 1/2 inch thick
- First, kill a medium sized dog, then burn off the fur over a hot fire.
- Carefully remove the skin while still warm and set aside for later (may be used in other recipes)
- Cut meat into 1″ cubes. Marinade meat in mixture of vinegar, peppercorn, salt and garlic for 2 hours.
- Fry meat in oil using a large wok over an open fire, then add onions and chopped pineapple and sautee until tender.
- Pour in tomato sauce and boiling water, add green pepper, bay leaf and tabasco.
- Cover and simmer over warm coals until meat is tender. Blend in liver spread and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.
Notes: You can substitute lamb for dog. The taste is similar, but not as pungent. Smooth liver pate will do as well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.