Heart Healthy 'Crock-Pot' Nutria will help you make use of that crock-pot collecting dust in your pantry.
- 2 hind saddle portions of nutria meat
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, cut into big wedges
- 2 potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 8 Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup demi-glace (optional)
- Layer onion, tomato, potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts in crockpot.
- Season nutria with salt, pepper and garlic, and place nutria over vegetables.
- Add wine and water, set crockpot on low and let cook until meat is tender (approximately 1-1/2 hours).
- Garnish with vegetables and demi-glace.
- Makes four servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.