Also known as Black Pudding. Also, gross.
- 1 quart pig's blood
- 12 ounces bread crumbs
- 1/2 lb. suet
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 1 ounce ground mint
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl;
- Pour into a large kettle or Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Pour into a wide shallow bowl and season again if necessary.
- Chill thoroughly, until firm.
- When cold it may be cut into slices and fried.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.